Horchata Swirl Paleo Banana Bread
Paleo Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread
You've seen me make it on instagram at least a hundred times; I can't stop eating it, talking about it, making it, and sharing it.
Finally, you can make this guilt-free (paleo) dish at home, too.
The original recipe is from New York Times Bestseller, The Paleo Kitchen, by Juli Bauer & George Bryant.
This is my secret weapon for clean cooking (abs are made in the kitchen, y'all)!
ANYWAY, this is their recipe, but with my modifications. I promise if you make it exactly as I describe below, it will be PERFECT every time.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1 9-inch metal pie pan
- prep time 10-15 minutes
- cook time 45 minutes
- coconut oil, to grease the pan
BANANA BREAD BATTER
- 4 medium bananas (I wait until mine start to get freckles)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted grass-fed butter, melted (but not hot, it will cook the eggs)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
CHOCOLATE CINNAMON SWIRL
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon organic honey (OR agave OR maple syrup!)
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a round metal pie pan with the coconut oil.
- Mix bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl (I find a mixing bowl less messy, and I get chunky bananas in it!) until well blended. I use a potato masher for this part :)
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Continue to mix until well combined and set aside.
- Over LOW heat (you can easily burn the chocolate!), mix all the swirl ingredients until it is melted.
- Pour the bread mix into your metal pie pan evenly. Pour the chocolate cinnamon sauce on top of the bread batter, and using a bread knife or something similar (my favorite part) SWIRL your heart out. Have fun with the design because no two swirls are the same:)
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick (or knife) comes out clean when you insert it into the center of the bread. Let the bread cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- STORE IN THE FRIDGE! I left mine out once, and I'll just save you the trouble.
Let me know if you try it!